6 Drugstore Beauty Product Fails


This is my first official post, and I hate to start things off complaining, but I can only write about what I know, right? And as a poor student, I haven't really had the money to buy too many luxurious products, so I've come across a few drugstore products that have disappointed me.

This list comes in no apparent order (I just couldn't figure out which was worse :P )

1. Revlon Lash Potion "Blackest Black"

In Canada, this bugger costs around $11 (which is significantly more than most Maybelline mascaras) and I did whole lot of research before buying this. From the reviews I read, it seemed to be either a love, or hate thing, and I decided to take a gamble.

After wearing it for a few months, I decided that this mascara is only "meh." Most of the time, it applies really heavily, causing lashes to clump, which is a no-no for me. But, a good thing about this mascara is that it doesn't smudge or "go south" on the bottom lashes.


2. Essie "Fiji"

This is my first ever Essie nail polish ever! After reading a couple of review on Fiji, many of which said that it was a perfect opaque, pale pink. Some sites even said it was a "one or two coater."

While a pretty pale pink, opaque is a word I'd use to describe this polish, the first coat is streaky, and after the second, you can still see your nail underneath.

One last thing, I don't know if it's just me, but this bottle of polish seemed to dry out faster than others... Is it just me?

3. EcoTools Concealer Brush

This brush came in EcoTools' starter pack of 5. While all the other brushes in the pack were super soft and all-round amazing, this one was a little too scratchy for the undereye area.

When using, there's just one or two bristles that poke the wrong way underneath the eye (it's okay everywhere else, where the skin is less sensitive)



4. Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer "230 Light"

First, the brush applicator isn't very soft at all, when it's used on the skin close to my eye, it can sometimes hurt at contact (maybe I just have really sensitive undereyes D: )

And second, I know it's supposed to be "light coverage," but this seems to be too light. As in, sometimes I think it does nothing to cover my dark circles.



5. Dove Refresh + Care Dry Shampoo

I bought this one after Zoella raved about them, and after I read reviews on Makeupalley.

For someone like myself, with super black hair, this tends to leave those white casts on your air, making you look a few decades older than you actually are. (But I guess if you're blond, you should be fine, lol)

Also, this is just personal preference, but I think the scent of this dry shampoo is just way too strong.

6. Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover


I bought this on a whim at a Shoppers, after seeing it on sale.

This is probably the weakest makeup remover I've ever tried. Honestly, it's like water, it doesn't remove much at all. The bottle says "it removes even waterproof mascara!", and... Well, it doesn't. :(

I still use it occasionally, though, to remove lipstick or to clean my eyelash curler, so it's not a complete waste of money


If you're still reading, thanks for sticking with me all this way, haha. If you enjoyed this, stick around for more!


---

Rawr,

Jakie

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.